Monday, April 25, 2011

The Pearl of Orient - Checked! [Pulau Pinang Travel]

Been there done that. I just arrived from the 'Pearl of Orient' but hardly find the pearl sold like in our local filipino market in Kota Kinabalu. Some may thought I went to Thailand or Myanmar with all the temple design especially who roughly no idea what Penang have. I can't deny to one of Hitz.Fm commercial says why we must travel out of country while we have a lot of thing to see in Malaysia? With my resolution this year, I wish to travel more but on budget wise and decide to visit any state that I have not been before. On 22nd of April, Good Friday, I had to rush to the airport after drop to send my work. Thank God I manage to catch my flight that afternoon and almost break my neck sleeping in the aeroplane. The journey from KK to Penang is about 2 hours and 45 mins.

Friends are forever. This is the value of having a good friends around the world. As I arrived Penang Internation Air Airport approximately around 8pm, KC and his wife have been waiting and gave a warm welcome upon my arrival. Then we head to the nearest Thai restaurant and had my first dinner in Penang. After the special meals, they drop me to my hotel @ Tune, Downtown for check in and then continue our journey again exploring Penang. We went to Gurney Drive which situated along Persiaran Gurney as you can see a few people with their friends, some couples and families hang out and enjoying some street performance. There are a lot of thing you can see here. You can have your snacks or dinner at the hawker stalls opposite the drive way. So convenient but always keep your valueable things safe because snatch thief are quite famous nowadays. About 1 o'clock, we decided to go back and have a rest and continue again the next day. I want to put all the stories here but I am too tired right now and hopefully can continue again tomorrow.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

p/s: Most of the photos taken with BlackBerry Bold 9780 and Samsung PL50 digital camera ;)

1 comment:

gbeejipp said...

Sadap! :-) Penang is all about food.