Wednesday, September 15, 2010

2nd Day at Bali

Jati Homestay
Jati Homestay
The second day of Bali, I wake up with a smile in my face. Not that I'm going crazy but I love the cold air in the morning, and the air freshness from Jati Homestay area. Imagine sleeping with windows open and no mosquitoes bites. Maybe I snore at night, I am sorry if I did that but staying in Jati Homestay was like halfway to heaven. I had my breakfast and checked out at 10am, continue my journey to the next location. With help of Putu Edi Sastra of Jati Homestay, I managed to meet Pak Wayan (I Wayan Wijaya, +62 085 739 205 844) for next journey.

Our first stop was the Taman Ayun, Mengwi, built by I Gusti Agung Anom, the founder of the Mengwi kingdom, a powerful kingdom in the district of Mengwi. Then go to Tanah Lot for a few photos, then drop by to have another portion of babi guling again. After that, about 1 hour to Soka Indah Restaurant & Bungalow, where I stayed for the 3rd night.


Taman Ayun
Taman Ayun

Pahlawan
On the way to Tanah Lot

Tanah Lot
Tanah Lot

Babi Guling
Babi Guling Again

I reach Soka Indah about 3pm, checked in and prepare myself for a beach walk. I saw a good spot for slow shutter shots, while composing my photos, I found that I was lost because of the beautiful scenery at the beach. Although the sand is not clear as Kuta Beach, but the mixture of the white and black sandy creates a sparkling beach. As I was enjoying the view, an old man come to me and greetings with smile. He is known as Pak Wawan. He told me about the interesting places around and told me that he will bring me to go around the next day. It was a very good chat but it suddenly raining, and I had to go back to my room and hope to see the sunset there. There was sunset, but blocked by the heavy clouds.

Soka Indah
Soka Indah Restaurant & Bungalow

Soka Beach
Soka Beach

Thank you for the hospitality of Soka people.

3 comments:

gbeejipp said...

Very nice Girllyen. Those pics really speak the words for you. Ntah bila la tepigi sna ni. huhu.

carolchs said...

I wana go Bali!
Thanks for sharing your experience and beautiful photos moi.

LaViaP said...

planned to go there myself! the photo amaze me!